It could also be an understatement to say that the COVID-19 pandemic has remodeled the way in which we dwell and work. However, in response to U.S. adults, the affect could also be deeper than many employers understand.
Today, Glassdoor launched outcomes from a survey carried out by The Harris Poll on behalf of Glassdoor amongst almost 1,000 employed U.S. adults about their employers’ response to COVID-19 coronavirus and sentiments on working from dwelling. The survey revealed a scarcity of worker confidence of their employers’ responses to the Coronavirus outbreak. Furthermore, working from dwelling amid the pandemic is proving tougher than staff thought.
Survey findings centered on the next three traits:
Employees Embrace Remote Work however Employers are Divided in Response
- Employers Responses: Nearly 3 in 10 staff (28%) throughout all earnings ranges stated their employer has performed nothing in response to considerations of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- The Wage Divide: 42% of staff with a family earnings of lower than $50K yearly say they’ve heard nothing/seen no motion from their employers about COVID-19, in comparison with 19% of staff with a family earnings of $100K+ yearly.
- Mandatory Remote Work: 67% of staff stated they might help the choice by their employer to mandate staff to do business from home indefinitely because of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid Sick Leave: 16% of staff stated their firms supplied extra paid/unpaid sick go away in response to considerations of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Confidence in Remote Work Capability
- 3 in 5 U.S. staff (60%) stated they’re assured they will effectively do their job remotely, if they’re required to do business from home indefinitely.
- Maintain Productivity: 50% of staff consider they might be equally or extra productive working from dwelling versus their regular work location.
- Confidence by Age: 68% of staff aged 18-34 reported being assured in effectively doing their work remotely in the event that they should, in comparison with 44% of staff aged 55-64.
- Confidence by Gender: 1 / 4 (25%) of feminine staff reported that it isn’t potential to do their job remotely, in comparison with 14% of male staff.
- Confidence Among Parents: 71% of employed dad and mom with youngsters beneath age 18 stated that they really feel assured they will effectively do their job remotely in the event that they should.
Remote Work Distractions
- Top Distraction: The high distraction staff cite that may take them away from work in the event that they had been to do business from home is watching TV (32%)
- Lack of Human Interaction: 22% of staff are involved about going ‘stir crazy’ when contemplating being mandated or inspired to do business from home within the wake of COVID-19 coronavirus.
- At-Home Childcare: 27% of employed dad and mom w/ youngsters beneath 18 stated they might be involved concerning the problem of managing youngsters whereas working at dwelling.
- Social Interaction as a Parent: 1 / 4 (25%) of employed dad and mom with youngsters beneath age 18 cited lack of social interplay as a priority when working from dwelling, in comparison with 18% of staff with out youngsters beneath age 18.